Highlights: Grow Up Awards 2021

Highlights: Grow Up Awards 2021

Hua Zhang is Grow Up’s 2021 Grower of the Year. Zhang, who is head of cultivation at Hexo Corp., accepted his award at the Grow Up Conference and Expo 2021 in Niagara Falls, Ont. on Nov. 30. Craft Grower of the Year was awarded to MTL Cannabis and Canopy Growth...
Manitoba Métis Federation signs on for cannabis research project

Manitoba Métis Federation signs on for cannabis research project

A newly signed agreement will allow the Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) to take a hard look at the benefits that medical marijuana could have in treating the illnesses and ailments that many Métis people currently live with, and suffer with. “This is important,...
High Tide to acquire Colorado edibles manufacturer NuLeaf Naturals

High Tide to acquire Colorado edibles manufacturer NuLeaf Naturals

Calgary-based cannabis retailer, High Tide Inc., has made its largest acquisition to date. The company announced that it has acquired 80 per cent interest in NuLeaf Naturals LLC, based in Denver, Col., with a three-year option to acquire the remaining 20 per cent. The...
B.C. allows pot shops to sell cannabis themed books, clothes and more

B.C. allows pot shops to sell cannabis themed books, clothes and more

B.C.’s private cannabis stores can now start stocking pot-themed clothing, books and other goods. The Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General announced Nov. 26 that private pot shops can immediately begin selling ancillary items that have a clear link to...
2021 Top Grower looks to reach a higher goal

2021 Top Grower looks to reach a higher goal

“I slept on cardboard boxes as a teenager. I realize what I’ve done and I realize I’ve come a long way, but you just don’t see the big picture until you sit down and realize you’ve received an award like this.” Albert Eppinga, founder, master grower, and RPIC of...